Jane’s Top Ten Tips
- Drink 2 litres of water each day
- Don’t skip breakfast
- Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, all including some protein
- "5 a day" should be your minimum fruit and vegetable consumption. 50% of your main meal should consist of vegetables
- Buy organic, preferably local produce whenever possible
- Include at least two portions of oily fish in your diet each week
- Avoid processed foods, refined carbohydrates and artificial additives
- Minimise your caffeine intake
- Take regular, appropriate exercise
- Ensure you get enough sleep
Everybody will feel better if they follow these suggestions. The reasoning behind them will be explained at your consultation. You will also be given much more advice which will be relevant to your particular circumstances.
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants."
Michael Pollan, New York Times